Now that winter is here, those of us who want to maintain a bronzed look will have to rely on artificial methods. Salon treatments are always an option, but self-tanning products are an economical and time saving solution.
However, every time we buy a drugstore self-tanning product, we are taking a risk. We don’t know how easy the application will be and we don’t know how the product will look after it’s applied. Will the product get all over our bathrooms? Will we end up with streaky, orange skin? And most of all, how can we know the answers to these questions before trying the product?
Neutrogena is an American skin care brand that has long been building a reputation in the cosmetic industry. Its products are currently distributed in over 70 countries and the brand is known to be a favorite with dermatologists.
In addition to the many products the brand offers, it also makes a self-tanning spray. Let’s look at the Neutrogena Self Tanner spray to find out if it’s a good investment.
About the Neutrogena Self Tanner Spray
The self-tanner spray Neutrogena is currently advertising is the Micromist Airbrush Sunless Tan. It is a continuous spray, no rub formula. It’s oil free, available in a deep or medium tint and it is non-comedogenic so it won’t clog pores. It is said to dry in just five minutes.
Neutrogena Self Tanner Spray Pros and Cons
As with any product, users will have a variety of opinions regarding how satisfied they were with their purchase. When it comes to the Neutrogena self-tanner spray, reviews have been mediocre over all with most ratings coming in at 3 out of 5 stars. Let’s take a look at some of the pros and cons to get a better idea of what people are saying.
- Product provides a deep and even tan.
- Product is reasonably priced and, in fact, more affordable than other self-tanning products.
- It won’t irritate sensitive skin.
- Provides 4-5 applications before running low.
- Application is extremely messy, the product is sticky and gets everywhere.
- The dry time is not as advertised, some say it takes over an hour.
- Product has an unpleasant smell that lasts for a few days.
- Some have found the bottle to be defective.
- Many say the product has to be used in a certain way to produce the desired results.
- It should also be noted that the tan the product produces lasts for 3-4 days, which is about average for a self-tanner.
So, should you use the Neutrogena Self Tanner Spray?
To answer that question, you have to decide what’s important to you. Some say the color it produces is worth the hassle, while others think the inconvenience makes this product one to stay away from.
A better option may be the all-natural, vitamin-rich Sunless Tanner Golden Tanning Lotion from Alba Botanica, which is 100% vegetarian, cruelty-free, and contains no parabens, phthalates or harmful sulfates.
What will be your choice for self-tanning this winter?
And if you choose an all-natural self-tanning option, discover more about your favorite brands on this website. We cover everything, including answering the question: Are Bare Minerals Safe?